Then check out these upcoming opportunities! Click the pic for a larger view.
Also, see Ms. Sparks if you have any questions.
See below for a list of math trainings! Let Ms. Gardea or Mr. Presley know if you are interested.
Region 4 Math Trainings
We’ve just purchased 4 new Flip cams! These tiny cameras can capture up to 2 hours of HD video.
If you’re interested in checking one out for use in your classroom, please see Ms. Martinez. For help using them, see Mr. Presley — they are very user-friendly!
Grade Level Spotlight
- Who says Reading Counts isn’t for Pre-K?!? Keep those bees buzzing PK!
- Check out these students from Mr. Solano’s 1st grade class challenging themselves with some above grade-level math. Way to challenge your students!
- Building mental images is a key component of reading comprehension. Check out this awesome work from Ms. Espinosa and Mr. Ackerman’s 2nd grade classes!
- Have you seen these awesome STAAR countdown mobiles from 3rd grade? Also, check out these fantastic division posters created by Ms. Pasarell’s students!
- Shout out to Mr. Sonnier for stepping up to help our 4th graders prepare for the Writing STAAR. The students are really honing their writing skills — check out this student’s awesome word choice!
- Take a look at these amazing blueprints created in Mr. Luna’s 5th grade math class and these fantastic poems from Ms. Ryans’ 5th grade reading!
Just a thought…
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex, overwhelming tasks into small, manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.”
— Mark Twain
The Holiday party is only a week away! On Saturday, plan on meeting at Doneraki’s Mexican Restuarant to celebrate our successes for the first half of the year!!! Please join us for a night full of food, laughter, dancing, door prizes and FUN!!
Here are the details!
When: Saturday, December 10, 2011
Time: 7:00 pm
Where: Doneraki’s Mexican Restuarant
Houston, TX 77087
Cost: $5 for staff and $10 for guests (I will be collecting money for the party next week Dec 5- 9.)
There is a sign-up sheet located next to our lovely receptionist, please mark if you plan on attending or if you will not be able to make it.
Thanks so much and I am looking forward to everyone making it out on Saturday!
- Our office staff has done such an outstanding job these past couple of weeks planning and coordinating events for our students. Special thanks to Ms. Martinez, Ms. Moreno, and Ms. Duenes for helping us reward our students for perfect attendance and honor roll!
MVP’S with a TWIST
Ms. Finley challenged our math classrooms last week from PK-5 to create their own word problems! Click on some of these amazing products (for more, be sure to see the MVP bulletin board)!
Medina (1st grade)
Honor Roll Afternoon Tea
So many links!
Be sure you check out some of the newest links to the left – especially Read Works (compliments of Ms. McBride)!
- Ms. Finley has been working incredibly hard these past couple weeks! Between fulfilling her duties as testing coordinator and teacher-mentor, giving professional development, and helping our students from Kinder to 5th, Ms. Finley is always operating on all cylinders. Check out her Bevo-inspired goal poster below.
- Ms. Pantoja gets a first-ever back-to-back Greatness shout out. Even after taking a…spill in the courtyard and getting an epic bruise, she demanded to come back to work to help make sure our fall festival is a success! What a trooper!
- Ms. Espinosa and Ms. Ryans helped make our cheerleaders’ Thursday UH performance a resounding success! Thanks for dedicating your time and energy to helping our students experience something they will never forget.
10 minute PD – SMART made simple
Check out Episode 1 of “SMART made simple.” This week you’ll learn where to find ready-made SMARTboard resources and how to use “Anagrams” – an outstanding, engaging vocabulary review tool. Remember: using your SMARTboard as just a projector screen is the classroom equivalent of only using a treadmill as a place to hang wet clothes. Take a couple of minutes and learn about a resource you can use in your classroom next week!